TOMCO’S Privacy Committment
What is Personal Information?
Personal information means information about an identifiable individual. Personal information does not include business contact information (such as an individual’s name, title, business address, business phone and fax number) when such information is collected, used or disclosed for the purpose of business communications.
What Personal Information do we collect?
We collect and maintain different types of personal information about our customers, including:
- contact and identification information, such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- product and service related information concerning the products and services that we provide to you, including information with respect to service, maintenance and repair of such products;
- credit and financial information such as your payment methods and preferences, billing and credit history; and
- customer relationship information such as customer service requests, feedback and information requested or provided by or from you.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
TOMCO collects, uses, and discloses personal information to enable us tomanage and develop our business and operations, including to:
- establish and maintain relations with you so that we may provide you with the products and services that have been requested (for example, we will use your personal information to establish your identity and location so that we may accurately deliver and bill for the products and services that you request);
- be able to review the products and services that we provide to you so that we may understand your requirements for our products and services and so that we may work to improve our products and services;
- be able to inform you of our products and services other than those that you have specifically requested, including sending you information promoting our other products and services;
- be able to comply with your requests (for example, if you prefer to be contacted at a business or residential telephone number and advise us of your preference, we will use this information to contact you);
- protect us against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property;
- enable us to undertake our environmental, health and safety activities, including incident planning, response and investigation;
- enable us to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements (for example, we may collect personal information to satisfy the obligations imposed on us by various regulatory boards or agencies); and
- meet any other reasonable purpose to which you consent.
How is your personal information collected?
TOMCO endeavors to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
Updating and accessing your personal information
It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If you have any questions or would like to update or access your personal information, please contact our administrator.
Unless you advise otherwise, we will assume that you have consented to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as explained within our Privacy Commitment. This Privacy Commitment includes examples but is not intended to be restricted in its application to such examples, therefore where the word ‘including’ is used, it shall mean ‘including without limitation’.