Position: HR and Recruitment Specialist
At Tomco Group of Companies as an HR and Recruitment Specialist, you will have the opportunity to find the perfect fit for amazing roles within our growing Company. As a proactive and strategic thinker, you will act as a partner to HR and the Company.
This position is full-time and based in Leduc Alberta with the ability to travel as needed.
- Perform full-cycle recruitment including creating job postings, completing resume screening, conducting interviews, and supporting offer negotiations
- Work with the Marketing Specialists on the creation of postings, advertisements, external recruitment events and contribute to social media presence
- Support on-boarding and orientation of new employees
- Administer company HR programs and policies
- Confer with hiring managers to identify Human Resources talent needs.
- Leverage internal sources of talent by working with the Managers to identify top performers for internal openings
- Ensure completion of the necessary pre-employment processes including offer letter generation, reference checks, medical and drug and alcohol testing, etc.
- Ensure the candidate experience is positive and rewarding
- Maintain all Recruitment procedures, policies, tools and documents to ensure current materials are being utilized and maintained
- Utilize knowledge of multiple recruiting sources and execute innovative recruiting strategies to find quality candidates
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1-3+ years of related HR experience. Post-Secondary Diploma or Certificate in Human Resources, business administration or personnel management, or equivalent relevant industry work experience in the Oil & Gas industry, in lieu of education and experience.
- Strong team player able to effectively collaborate
- Experience recruiting field trades personnel and or professionals in multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated experience using various sourcing platforms such as LinkedIn and Indeed
- Experience and understanding of the recruitment life cycle
- Familiarity with job boards, databases, and management systems
- Proven experience conducting various types of interviews
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize time sensitive tasks
- Strong computer skills, excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- HR/recruitment software applications experience an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Competitive Wages
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Paid Time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Casual Dress
- Monday to Friday
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume describing your experience and salary expectations in confidence through the online form or email: