TOMCO Industrial Ltd.
Rental & Sales Division
Job Position: General Manager
Branch: Leduc, AB
Application deadline: December 31, 2023
Estimated Start Date: January 2024
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, driven General Manager to support our Rentals & Sales division. This salaried position will be based in Leduc. This individual will be responsible for generating new business opportunities as well as day-to-day Operations for Tomco Industrial Ltd. and its branches. The candidate must be self-motivated, with a strong combination of prospecting and strategic business skills.
Reporting to the VP of Integrated Solutions, the General Manager is responsible for supporting the vision and values of the TOMCO Executive Leadership team including delivering products and services on time, safely, and at the highest levels of quality to the customer.
The General Manager is responsible for providing leadership to the managers in charge of operations and sales, ensuring that expectations are met, rolled out and implemented through business policies and operational excellence. The General Manager must anticipate any challenges or concerns in executing the strategic plan of the TOMCO Executive Leadership Team ensuring the management team works together to address these issues proactively.
Additional specific accountabilities include, monitoring metrics and KPIs; providing oversight on the organizational budget and financial management reports on efficiencies as well as managing vendor relationships. The successful candidate must invest time in managing and developing the staff through career planning and professional development, providing insightful, motivating, and constructive feedback, coaching, and guidance to the staff.
TOMCO Group of Companies provides best-in-class, end-to-end Energy Services, Equipment & Industry Experts anywhere in Canada. Deeply experienced in Oil & Gas, Mining and Renewables, we can bring our service expertise to any sector of the energy industry.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage day-to-day business operations within Tomco Industrial Ltd.
- Manage Branch work personnel.
- Generate, develop and be accountable for new business opportunities.
- Research and develop existing accounts.
- Hit assigned Key Performance Indicators for the business unit.
- Uncover business challenges and identify relevant new business opportunities, while highlighting Tomco’s Core Values.
- Manage, track, and report on all sales activities and results.
- Work closely with our Business Development team to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities for new business.
- Work effectively with internal departments to deliver the best solution for the client and ensure an excellent experience.
- Travel as necessary.
- Ensure overall performance, diligence & success of the Tomco Industrial Ltd. Business Unit.
- Report Quarterly to the Tomco Executive Leadership team.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- High Technical Knowledge in the following is mandatory:
Pre-heat & P.W.H.T. Services, Portable Machining Processes & Machine Tools, Technical Bolting Processes & Tooling, Hydrostatic Testing
- Effective leadership skills
- Must be a positive, self-driven team member with a desire to learn.
- Punctual, highly organized, disciplined & accountable.
- Experience with the current products or markets that we serve
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and handle time effectively.
- The ability to accurately determine lead qualifications.
- Proficient with computer skills and reporting, experience with a CRM is considered an asset.
- Minimum 10 Years relevant Industry Experience.
- Competitive Compensation
- Company Vehicle, Laptop, Phone, Fuel Cards
- Business Expense Account
- Complete Benefit Package including Health Spending Account
- Paid Vacation
- Company Team Builders
- In House Mentoring Program
Tomco Group of Companies are privately held Alberta-based companies with a passion for Customer service.
Tomco Industrial Ltd. represents and distributes for some of the World’s Top Specialty Equipment Providers.
- Hydro-test and Isolation tools
- Pneumatic or Hydraulic Torquing and Tensioning Equipment.
- Cold Pipe Cutting and Beveling Equipment
- Flange Facing tools
- Pipe End prep tools
- Milling Machines & Key Mills
- Portable Lathes
- Climax Portable Machine Tools
- H&S Tool
- Calder Valve Testing & Repair Systems
- Blind flanges
- Atlas Copco
- Full equipment service, repair, and calibration.